Rename existing files or as they are copied/moved to SharePoint, FTP, Network share or local drive.
- Preview the proposed renaming actions before they are committed.
- Test-Run supported, with full reporting.
- Persist the Modified & ModifiedBy values when source and target is identical.
In this example an expression is used to prefix the filename with ‘my prefix_’ and the original filename minus the first 3 characters.
Notice the many available functions in the r-click menu.
The expression can also return a wildcard specification.
So in this example all files with the extension .txt will be prefixed with “text_”. Files with the extension .xml will be prefixed with “xml_”.
All other files will be renamed to have the extension .bak”.
Also you can use the non-programming Rules to get the same result. There are many advanced Rules and they can even be combined with one or more expressions.
- The first rule the the renaming part of the filename from character position 4
- The second rule adds the prefix to the filename
Notice the test value and se how the value changes as the rules are applied.
Need more help with this?
DON'T HESITATE TO CONTACT US HERE ..